Tuesday, June 21, 2011

5. : Ghost Town

Another comedy, presented by Ricky Gervais, Bill Campbell and Greg Kinnear.



I've actually seen this movie a few times, because it was being shown on HBO.

Ricky Gervais plays Pincus, a dentist who could see spirits after an unfortunate incident in the hospital.

To cut it short, he is a bitter, selfish loner who had been heartbroken by a former love, and he refuses to help the spirits who were in need of his help.

In my opinion it was not as funny as I'd expected from Ricky Gervais.
I didn't like his character, I thought he was annoying, although it might be funny when he acted like an ass but to me it's just not that funny, it's sad.

I don't really know what else to say without spoiling the movie, except that although I've watched this movie a few times, it was simply because it was on TV, and I didn't watch it til the end when it was shown on TV. So this time around I paid attention and I would say that this movie is not one of the best comedies that I have seen. There are some scenes in which it drags a bit, and a funny scene at first would end with me thinking "Get on with it!" so that's a bit anti-climax.

Ovarall, the movie's alright. It is quite funny, but nothing close to getting tears in my eyes...

Loves x

No comments:

Post a Comment